Wednesday, April 29, 2015

A to Z Challenge: Y is for Your Story

Y is for Your Story.

You have a story to tell. Only you can tell it.

Years before I started writing, I watched a movie where the little girl kept a music box locked away where no one could find it. Inside the box she hid all the songs she wished she could sing. I was very taken by the symbolism of this storyline, for I felt I had a voice that was also hidden in a box that no one would ever hear. That voice is my story.


You have a story too. It is a story that only you can tell. You’ve been protecting it for years, afraid someone would mock it or destroy it. So it has stayed hidden in you music box, and you are the only one who has the key.

Your story is worth telling. It is unique to your circumstances. You can give it voice like no one else. Even if you only share it with friends and family, it is worth writing because it is yours. 

Unlock your music box and let your story sing for all to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Come back to visit soon!